Abandoned Bourke Abattoir
Built, owned and run by the Tancred Brothers in the 1940’s, this long-abandoned meat processing plant ceased operations permanently in the late 90’s. The traditional area of the Ngemba people, the facility is located on the outer boundary of Bourke.
Falling to decay on the towns desolate outskirts, this severely dilapidated slaughterhouse still contains the conveyer belts, enclosures and machinery of more productive days. Now stalled, rusting and waterlogged, the former meat-works continues to decay in its desert landscape.